Sunday, 4 April 2010

Fresh Talent

I don't know what happened to Olivia today but I'm still awaiting her Day3 look to translate. So in the meantime I thought I'd give you the low down on some of the new faces of fashion that have got everyone talking and me still distraught about my lack of earnings to be able to get my hands anywhere near these beauties.. Guess it's back to the drawing board on how to 'translate these new designs through highstreet' for me :| one day...

Carven


Originally a Menswear Designer, Guillaume Henry has created the first ready-to-wear womens collection for Carven. Usually focused on Couture, this new Spring theme comes from Henry's muse; a chic french teenager who wears clothes either too big or too small! His sexy, easy to wear garments can convert perfectly into any wardrobe and with Net-A-Porter selling it at reasonable designer prices theres no wonder its flying off the net'rails. Unfortunately it's still way out of my pennies price range!

Katie Gallagher


Her first spring/summer 2009 collection "Shroud" is inspired by drapery, which won round the tastebuds of many fashionista's. So there was a lot riding on her latest s/s'10 collection and you betcha she pulled it out the darkly futuristic and unique bag! Gallagher is definitely one il be keeping a firm fashion eye on.

Clare Tough


-I've been wondering for a while now how any of us are going to translate this underwear as outerwear trend since I first caught eyes on Marc Jacobs s/s'10 collection..I dont think any of us are ready to strut our stuff in a sheer corset..we'll leave that to the jodie Marsh's of the world. I thought I was just about ready to dare the hotpant, until I came across the designer Clare Tough who's Spring'10 collection has just the right amount of underwear for outerwear. However, it doesn't live up to her 'Tough' name as the beautiful garments are more soft, romantics than overly sexual, and teamed with her chunky cardigans, spiderweb knits, and structured separates.. it's a look I cannot wait to re-create for my own!

Phoebe Philo is back..for Celine and I am lusting over one of those leather tees like children will be to their easter eggs in the morning!
I will be hunting around for some highstreet adaptions of this and of course the Leather shorts.. my Spring wardrobe will not be complete without them!
Bare with me..


GIMME!!GIMME!!GIMME!!GIMME!!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts..

© Afluenza | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig