Thursday, 29 October 2015

Outfit| Zara dupe Shearling Coat.






There's so many dreamy black ankle boots in Topshop currently, I had a hard time deciding and nearly walked away with more than one pair! I must have picked good because mine are sold out now however I've linked the others I'm lovin below:



Photos: Steph Baker

Coat // Choies
Jumper // H&M Studio
Jeans // River Island
Boots // Topshop
Bag // H&M

So THAT Zara coat we've all been drooling over, you know the one! Well, then there was its half the price dupe that got us all weighing up the benefits of the original £90 investment. I wasn't ready to take the plunge before I first trialed and tested the Choies version of the beige shearling coat hands on, I'm a sucker for a bargain so I went ahead and ordered it online and here I am about to review it for you in case you were in two minds yourself.

Delivery was quick considering I chose standard and within 5 working days my item had arrived- not bad from China! However after being packaged up for shipping the coat was left looking in need of a serious steaming and definitely didn't embody the finer finish of the Zara beauty nor even that of the Choies image online. However that can be fixed with a simple reverse ironing on the underside of the garment.

In terms of insulation the Zara shearling lining will without a doubt keep you warmer as this Choies coat is thinner and not lined with actual sheeps' wool but a similar synthetic alternative - aesthetically though it looks pleasing and on-trend if you are trying to achieve the same style.

Comfort wise the faux suede is super soft and the zip and buckle finishes are to a high standard. For size, if you're petite the Choies one will fit you much better, it comes in sizes Small, Medium and Large but bare in mind these are sized in China so I ordered a Medium and it fits how I like. Whereas the Zara coat is extremely oversized and even a size Small drowned me, which some can pull off but its not for everyone.

My conclusion is to be honest, if anything I would have rather spent that bit extra and be in love with the Zara coat and get your moneys worth out of wanting to wear it all through winter, than the small satisfaction I have had out of this Choies number that I probably won't gravitate towards as much when needing to fight off that bitter chill. Don't get me wrong though if £90 is out of your budget and you're quite happy to instead layer up on the knitwear underneath then Choies will forfill your shearling coat needs!
And news just in, they've listed an even more uncanny dupe that I have linked below as well.. oh gawd, do I? Someone stop me..



Share:

5 comments

  1. This coat looks gorgeous, I always hesitate ordering online.

    blondelamode.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous, I love the coat and boots! <3

    I have a new outfit post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous coat find babe and I LOVE how you have styled it with a minimal look <3 xxx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit, the coat looks amazing! X

    www.floraswann.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit, I really like the coat! X

    www.floraswann.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts..

© Afluenza | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig