Thursday, 27 October 2016

Boohoo Dress of the Month?


If you know me personally / read my bio anywhere or my previous post on Becoming a Fashion Stylist, you'll know I'm a Stylist, or I was.. if you can ever just drop the title and suddenly go to not being able to style some body?! Either way, when Boohoo contacted me as a "Blogger" to style their 'Dress of the month' the stylist in me dusted off her safety pins and went to work!
The concept is what caught my attention, each blogger is given the same dress (in a choice of three colour ways) to style the way that suits them best. Now, I'm not a fan of wearing things I wouldn't necessarily purchase myself so I was apprehensive knowing the dress would be a surprise however being a stylist has taught me to break boundaries, get out of your boring comfort zone and try something new! Often you'll be amazed at the results, and if not, you haven't lost anything. I'm a true believer that fashion should be fun, experimental and sometimes we just need to break the damn rules!
So with that in mind, when the dress arrived I knew I was going to style it any way but in it's dress form.

The shirt dress in it's true form, is on trend in a khaki green satin finish however is a little more formal than I would usually wear everyday, especially in length. Therefore I took to my trusty denim to casualize the look, layering a black cami underneath for a flash of lace beneath the wrap front. Thanks to the silky finish the length easily tucked into my jeans and I clenched it at the waist with a belt. Finishing the outfit off with my favourite ankle boots from last AW in another, once again key trend for this season, burgundy!



*Disclaimer, I was having a no makeup day and ain't nobody ready to see that face in 1000px

How would you style yours?


Share:

1 comment

  1. Such an inspiring way to wear the shirt dress!
    Http://www.somethingvogue.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts..

© Afluenza | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig